INFORMATION WE RECEIVE AND HOW IT IS USED
Your information is the information that’s required when you sign up for the site, as well as the information you choose to share.
When you sign up for Clanimal, you are required to provide information about your pet as well as you, such as name, email address, birthday, and gender.
Information you choose to share
Your information also includes:
- the information you choose to share on Clanimal, such as when you post a status update, upload a photo, or comment on a friend’s post
- it also includes the information you choose to share when you take an action, such as when you add a friend, like a Page or a website, tag a place in your post, find friends using our contact importers, or indicate you are in a relationship
- Your name, profile picture, networks, username and User ID are treated just like information you choose to make public. Also, your birthday allows us to do things like show you age-appropriate content and advertisements.
Information others share about you
We receive information about you from your friends, such as when they tag you in a photo or at a location, or add you to a group. We may also receive information about you from the games, applications, and websites you use, but only when you have given them permission. If you have given a game, application, or website permission to post information, you can remove it from your usersetting.
Other information we receive about you
We also receive other types of information about you:
- We receive data about you whenever you interact with Clanimal, such as when you look at another person’s profile, send someone a message, search for a friend or a Page, click on an ad
- When you post things like photos or videos on Clanimal, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you took the photo or video
- We receive data from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to access Clanimal. This may include your IP address, location, the type of browser you use, or the pages you visit. For example, we may get your GPS location so we can tell you if any of your friends are nearby.
- We receive data whenever you visit a game, application, or website that uses Clanimal platform or visit a site with a Clanimal feature. This may include the date and time you visit the site; the web address, or URL, you’re on; technical information about the IP address, browser and the operating system you use; and, if you are logged in to Clanimal, your User ID
- Sometimes we get data from our advertising partners, customers and other third parties that helps us (or them) deliver ads, understand online activity, and generally make Clanimal better. For example, an advertiser may tell us how you responded to an ad on Clanimal or on another site in order to measure the effectiveness of – and improve the quality of – those ads
- We also put together data from the information we already have about you and your friends. For example, we may put together data about you to determine which friends we should show you in your News Feed or suggest you tag in the photos you post. We may put together your current city with GPS and other location information we have about you to, for example, tell you and your friends about people or events nearby, or offer deals to you that you might be interested in. We may also put together data about you to serve you ads that might be more relevant to you.
- When we get your GPS location, we put it together with other location information we have about you (like your current city). But we only keep it until it is no longer useful to provide you services.
We only provide data to our advertising partners or customers after we have removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it, or have combined it with other people’s data in a way that it is no longer associated with you. Similarly, when we receive data about you from our advertising partners or customers, we keep the data for 180 days. After that, we combine the data with other people’s data in a way that it is no longer associated with you.
When we use the phrase “public information” (which we sometimes refer to as “Everyone information”), we mean the information you choose to make public, as well as information that is always publicly available.
Information you choose to make public
Choosing to make your information public is exactly what it sounds like: anyone, including people not members of Clanimal, will be able to see it.
Choosing to make your information public also means that this information:
- can be associated with you (i.e., your name, profile picture, Clanimal profile, User ID, etc.) even off Clanimal
- can show up when someone does a search on Clanimal or on a public search engine
- will be accessible to the games, applications, and websites you and your friends use
- will be accessible to anyone who uses our APIs
- Sometimes you will not be able to select an audience when you post something (like when you write on a wall or comment on a news article). This is because some types of posts are always public posts.
- When others share information about you, they can also choose to make it public
Information that is always publicly available
The types of information listed below are always publicly available, and are treated just like information you decided to make public.
- Name : This helps your friends and family find you.
- Profile Pictures: This helps your friends and family recognize you.
Usernames and User Ids
- Username (or Clanimal URL) is a custom link to your profile that you can give out to people or post on external websites
- If you have selected a username, it will always appear in the URL on your profile page
- If you have not selected a username, then the URL on your profile page will contain your User ID, which is what we use to identify your Clanimal account
How we use the information we receive
We use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like your friends and the advertisers that purchase ads on the site. For example, we may use the information we receive about you:
- as part of our efforts to keep Clanimal safe and secure;
- to provide you with location features and services, like telling you and your friends when something is going on nearby;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of ads you and others see;
- to make suggestions to you and other users on Clanimal
Granting us this permission not only allows us to provide Clanimal as it exists today, but it also allows us to provide you with innovative features and services we develop in the future that use the information we receive about you in new ways;
While you are allowing us to use the information we receive about you, you always own all of your information. Your trust is important to us, which is why we don’t share information we receive about you with others unless we have:
- received your permission;
- given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this policy; or
- removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it.
Deactivate, Deleting and deactivating your account
- I you do not wish to use your account, you may deactivate or delete it;
- Deactivating your account puts your account on hold. Other users will no longer see your profile;
- Deactivating an account is the same as you telling us to delete any information because you will not want to reactivate your account in the future.
- When you delete an account, it is permanently deleted from Clanimal
- A delay of between 24 to 72 hours is necessary to delete an account, but some information may remain in backup copies and logs for up to 90 days
- You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it.
Last updated: September 24, 2013